Arlington Family Lawyer

Enforcement Of Court Orders

Court orders are all part of the divorce process. Child support and custody orders are among the most common and well known. In addition, you may file a restraining order against a threatening or abusive spouse. A judge may also hand down a court order regarding how best to divide your property. Court orders are legally binding, and must be followed. If a spouse fails to comply, a court order can be legally enforced.

If your spouse is refusing or simply neglecting to comply with court orders, that is called contempt of court and is a punishable violation. You can take your spouse to court for an enforcement of court orders, where a judge can make a ruling regarding your situation. If your spouse is in contempt for refusing to pay child support or properly split your assets, his or her earnings could be garnished until you are repaid. For a very serious infraction like violation of a restraining order, your spouse may be sentenced to time in jail.

On the other hand, you may be accused of contempt when, as far as you can tell, you’ve been doing everything you’re supposed to. At times like this, you need the help of an Arlington family lawyer who knows that there are two sides to every story and that both deserve to be told.

Our Arlington Divorce Attorney Has Extensive Experience

Our Arlington family lawyers have years of experience representing clients in all aspects of Texas family law, including post-divorce matters such as contempt of court, order modifications, and enforcement of court orders. Whether you are defending yourself, taking a neglectful spouse to task, or just have questions regarding your court orders and your options, contact us and schedule a free consultation with a top Arlington family lawyer today.